Bank of America offers several credit card options for students. These student credit cards are designed to help students build their credit history while providing various benefits and rewards.
Here are some More student credit cards:
|Best Student Credit Cards
|Apply Barclays Credit Card for Students: Check Eligibility
|Apply CIBC Credit Card for Students: Check Eligibility & Interest Rate
|Apply for Student Credit Card: Check Interest Rates and Eligibility
Bank of America Student Credit Cards
Bank of America offers four distinct student credit cards, each with its own set of benefits and perks.
These cards typically start with a higher interest rate and a lower credit limit. However, none of Bank of America student credit cards charge an annual fee.
Student credit cards are designed to be accessible to students with limited or no credit history, making them a great way to start building a positive credit profile.
However, if your credit report includes negative entries such as delinquent payments or credit defaults, your approval chances may be reduced.
|Credit Card Name
|Key Features and Benefits
|Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards for Students
|– Earn cashback on everyday purchases, including dining, gas, online shopping, and travel. – Choose your preferred cashback category for higher rewards. – No annual fee.
|You can get a $200 cash rewards bonus by making at least $1,000 in purchases during the initial 90 days of your account opening.
|Bank of America® Unlimited Cash Rewards for Students
|– Earn a straightforward 1.5% cashback on all purchases, with no need to track rotating categories. – No annual fee.
|You’ll receive a $200 cash rewards bonus after making a minimum of $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of opening your account.
|Bank of America® Travel Rewards for Students
|– Earn rewards points on all purchases, which can be redeemed for travel expenses like flights and hotels. – No foreign transaction fees. – No annual fee.
|You’ll receive 25,000 bonus points when you make purchases totaling at least $1,000 within the first 90 days of opening your account.
|BankAmericard® for Students
|– Designed to help students build credit responsibly. – May offer an introductory 0% APR for a certain period. – No annual fee.
|Take advantage of introductory APR offers for purchases and qualifying balance transfers, allowing you to save on interest expenses.
- Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards for Students:
- This card is designed for students and offers cashback rewards on everyday purchases.
- Cardholders can earn cashback in categories such as dining, gas, online shopping, travel, and more.
- You have the flexibility to choose your preferred cashback category for higher rewards.
- Like other student cards, it may come with no annual fee, making it budget-friendly for students.
- Bank of America® Unlimited Cash Rewards for Students:
- This card offers a simple cashback rewards structure with unlimited 1.5% cashback on all purchases.
- There may be no need to keep track of rotating categories or make category selections.
- Bank of America® Travel Rewards for Students:
- This card is ideal for students who enjoy traveling.
- It offers rewards points on all purchases, and these points can be redeemed for travel expenses like flights, hotels, and more.
- This card may also come with no annual fee.
- BankAmericard® for Students:
- The BankAmericard for Students is designed to help students build credit responsibly.
- It may offer introductory 0% APR for a certain period, which can be helpful for managing purchases or balances without accruing interest charges.
- It’s a straightforward credit card designed for students looking to establish credit.
Bank of America Credit Card Interest Rates
|0% for 18 billing cycles
|(Applies to purchases and balance transfers
|made within 60 days of opening your account)
|16.24% – 26.24% variable
|Balance Transfer Fee
|3% of each transaction†
Among the four student cards, the reward structures of three differ, while the BankAmericard® credit card for Students does not offer any rewards.
Your choice among these cards will depend on your financial needs and your willingness to keep track of bonus categories.
Bank of America® Unlimited Cash Rewards credit card for Students: This card strikes a balance between simplicity and profitability. It offers a straightforward 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card for Students: Similar to the Unlimited Cash Rewards card, this one earns points instead of cash back. Cardholders earn 1.5 points for every $1 spent on purchases (3 points per $1 spent on eligible travel booked through the Bank of America® Travel Center).
Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards credit card for Students: This card has a more complex rewards structure but potentially higher rates. It lets you earn 3% cash back in a category of your choice, including options like gas/EV charging stations, online shopping, dining, travel, drugstores, and home improvement/furnishings.
Additionally, you’ll earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and wholesale clubs, and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
However, please note that the 3% and 2% rates apply only to the first $2,500 of combined spending in those categories each quarter. After reaching that limit, you’ll earn 1% cash back on all purchases.
Additionally, the 3% category can be changed monthly, which is beneficial for those who can align their spending with the selected bonus category. If you don’t make a selection, the card automatically sets gas as the 3% bonus category.
Bank of America Student Credit Card Requirements
To qualify for a Bank of America student credit card, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Minimum Age: You must be at least 18 years old.
- Income: Applicants must demonstrate independent income, such as income from a part-time job, to cover monthly bill payments.
- Residency Requirements: You must be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident with a valid U.S. address (not a P.O. Box). Additionally, a valid Social Security Number (SSN) is usually required for online applications. If applying in person, you can still be approved without an SSN, but you should bring two forms of identification.
- Student Status: While Bank of America doesn’t mandate proof of enrollment, having a valid Student ID and an active college email address can be helpful if the issuer requires additional information regarding your student status.
Exclusive Bonus Rewards:
Qualify for a $200 cash bonus by making $1,000 in purchases within 90 days of opening your account (excluding cash advances and balance transfers).
Limited to new accounts responding to this offer. Your account must remain open with active charging privileges to receive this bonus.
Exclusive Bonus Points:
Earn 25,000 bonus points by spending $1,000 within 90 days of account opening (excluding cash advances and balance transfers).
This one-time promotion is for new accounts responding to this offer. Your account must remain open with active charging privileges to receive these points.
FICO® Score Program:
Access your FICO® Score for educational purposes. Available to primary cardholders with an active consumer credit card account. Accessible through Online Banking and mobile apps.
$0 Liability Guarantee:
Our $0 Liability Guarantee protects against fraudulent transactions. Do not share personal or account information. Claims can be filed by the account holder for posted and settled transactions.
These credit card programs are issued and managed by Bank of America, N.A. Deposit products and services provided by Bank of America, N.A., and affiliated banks, all Members FDIC.
Visa and Visa Signature are registered trademarks of Visa International Service Association. Mastercard is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
Was this helpful?
Hey, I’m Ratiranjan Singha, the Creator of Myworldstuffs.com. I Offer in-Depth Articles and Guides that Help you to Understand Various Financial Concepts.