HDFC home loan is a financial product offered by HDFC Bank, one of India’s leading private sector banks, to help individuals and families purchase or construct residential properties.
Home loans from HDFC Bank provide customers with the necessary financial support to buy their dream homes while allowing them to repay the borrowed amount over a specified tenure through Equated Monthly Installments (EMIs).
HDFC home loans can be used for various purposes, including buying a new home, constructing a house, purchasing a plot of land for future construction, or renovating and repairing an existing home.
HDFC home loan interest rates
|Interest Rate||8.50% p.a. onwards|
|Loan Amount||Based on customer profile|
|Processing Fees||Up to 0.50%|
|Penal Interest Rate||Up to 24% p.a.|
|Prepayment/Foreclosure Charges||0% – 2%|
|Max Tenure||30 Years|
HDFC Bank extends a helping hand to aspiring homeowners with its attractive home loan offerings. The bank’s home loan interest rates start as low as 8.50% per annum. These favorable rates apply not only to Home Loans but also to Balance Transfer Loans, House Renovation, and Home Extensions Loans.
Moreover, HDFC Bank provides borrowers with flexibility in choosing between two types of interest rate options: Adjustable Rate Home Loans (ARHL) and TruFixed Loans.
In the case of ARHL, all rates are benchmarked to the Policy Repo Rate, with the current Repo Rate at 6.50%. For various loan slabs, the interest rates range from Policy Repo Rate plus 2.00% to 2.65%, resulting in an effective interest rate of 8.50% to 9.15%.
Alternatively, for TruFixed Loans, the interest rate remains fixed for a specified initial period, such as the first two years, after which it converts into an adjustable-rate loan.
For customers seeking the current home loan interest rates, HDFC Bank stands ready with rates starting at 8.50% per annum. These rates come with additional benefits, including an extended loan tenure of up to 30 years, digital solutions for convenience, tailored repayment options, and more.
To calculate your Equated Monthly Installment (EMI), you can use the HDFC Bank home loan EMI calculator at https://www.hdfc.com/home-loan-emi-calculator. To initiate the home loan application process, visit https://www.hdfc.com/call-for-new-home-loan.
Home loan seekers at HDFC Bank have the choice of two interest rate options. The Adjustable Rate Home Loan (ARHL) links its interest rate to HDFC Bank’s Retail Prime Lending Rate (RPLR), which may change in response to shifts in HDFC Bank’s RPLR.
Conversely, the TruFixed Loan offers a fixed interest rate for an initial period, typically the first two years of the loan tenure, after which it converts to an Adjustable Rate Home Loan with prevailing rates.
The most attractive aspect of HDFC Bank’s home loans is the lowest interest rate currently available, starting at just 8.50% per annum.
However, several factors can influence the interest rate applicable to a specific loan, including the type of interest rate chosen, benchmark lending rates, the loan-to-value ratio, the borrower’s financial profile, the chosen repayment tenure, the property’s location, and the reputation of the home loan provider.
Here’s a summary table of HDFC Bank’s home loan interest rates for the Adjustable Rate Home Loan (ARHL) scheme:
|Loan Slab||Interest Rates (% p.a.)|
|For All Loans||Policy Repo Rate + 2.00% to 2.65% = 8.50% to 9.15%|
Please note that the above interest rates are linked to HDFC Bank’s Repo Rate and are variable throughout the loan’s tenure. All loans are subject to the sole discretion of HDFC Bank.
For specific and up-to-date interest rate information, it is advisable to visit HDFC Bank’s official website or contact the bank directly.
HDFC home loan eligibility criteria
When applying for a home loan, HDFC Bank meticulously evaluates various criteria to determine your eligibility. These factors encompass your income, financial stability, age, credit history, and more.
Enhancing your eligibility involves strategic steps like adding a co-applicant, opting for a structured repayment plan, maintaining a steady income, revealing supplementary income sources, monitoring variable salary components, improving your credit score, and actively managing existing debts.
Home Loan Eligibility Criteria
- Present Age and Remaining Working Years: Age significantly impacts your eligibility. Young applicants may secure longer-term loans, while older individuals might have shorter tenures. HDFC Bank generally caps loan terms at 30 years or the retirement age.
- Financial Position: Your present and future income quality and stability influence your eligible loan amount.
- Past and Present Credit History and Credit Score: A clean repayment record and a high credit score strengthen your application.
- Other Financial Liabilities: Existing financial commitments, like car loans or credit card debts, are assessed to gauge your ability to handle additional debt.
- Personal Profile: Factors like your background, educational qualifications, and overall personal profile may play a role in loan approval.
- Traits of the Desired Property: HDFC Bank may have property specifications regarding its age, size, and adherence to certain standards. Non-compliance can lead to application rejection.
- Guarantor Status: If you serve as a guarantor for another loan, it’s considered part of your financial responsibility and can affect your creditworthiness.
Understanding the Formulae
Once HDFC Bank gathers all your information, it uses specific ratios to calculate your eligibility:
- Instalment to Income Ratio: This reveals the percentage of your income available for loan repayment, accounting for regular expenses.
- Fixed Obligation to Income Ratio: HDFC Bank considers existing loan instalments, including the new home loan, to assess your repayment capacity.
- Loan Cost Ratio: This ratio determines the property’s financing split between the lender and your funds, reflecting your equity in the property.
How to Enhance Your Home Loan Eligibility
Your eligibility primarily hinges on income and repayment capacity. Here are strategies to bolster your chances:
- Adding a Co-Applicant: Enlist an earning family member, such as your spouse, as a co-applicant to increase your eligibility.
- Structured Repayment Plan: Consider a structured repayment plan aligned with your financial situation for smoother loan repayment.
- Steady Income and Savings: Maintain a stable income flow and prioritize regular savings and investments to demonstrate financial stability.
- Additional Income Sources: Disclose regular supplementary income sources, like rental earnings or income from businesses, alongside employment.
- Variable Salary Components: Maintain records of variable salary elements, such as bonuses and overtime, to present a comprehensive financial profile.
- Credit Score Improvement: Monitor your credit score and take corrective steps to rectify errors or enhance it, reducing the risk of default.
- Debt Management: Actively manage and repay existing loans and short-term debts to demonstrate financial responsibility.
HDFC Bank’s Eligibility Calculator
HDFC Bank offers an eligibility calculator for housing loans, helping you gauge your eligibility and EMI amount.
You can input details like gross monthly income, desired loan tenure, prevailing interest rate, and existing EMIs to get an indication of your eligibility. The calculator empowers you to make informed decisions when applying for a home loan.
In summary, HDFC Bank’s home loan eligibility assessment involves a comprehensive evaluation of your financial and personal profile.
By understanding these criteria and taking proactive steps to enhance your eligibility, you can navigate the home loan application process with confidence and clarity.
HDFC Home Loan EMI Calculator
People want to understand the functionality of HDFC EMI calculator. This tool takes inputs like the loan amount, interest rate, and tenure to provide an estimate of their monthly EMI payments. It’s a valuable resource for borrowers to plan their finances.
This query indicates that individuals are looking for a step-by-step guide on using the calculator effectively. They want clear instructions on inputting data and interpreting the results.
Users want to know what specific details they must have on hand before using the calculator. Typically, this includes the loan amount, interest rate, and loan tenure. Clear guidance on these prerequisites is crucial.
People may be looking for a direct link or website where they can access HDFC’s official EMI calculator.
HDFC home loan processing fees
HDFC home loan processing fees refer to the charges associated with the application and approval process for obtaining a home loan from HDFC Bank. These fees are a one-time payment and typically cover the administrative costs incurred by the bank in evaluating and processing your home loan application.
The specific processing fees can vary depending on the type of home loan and the loan amount. It’s important to note that these fees are in addition to other charges, such as interest rates and any applicable taxes.
It’s advisable to check the current processing fees with HDFC Bank when you apply for a home loan to ensure you have a clear understanding of the associated costs.
When applying for a home loan with HDFC Bank, it’s crucial to be aware of the various fees and charges associated with the loan process. These fees can impact the overall cost of your home loan, and understanding them is essential for informed financial planning. Here’s a breakdown of HDFC’s processing fees and other charges:
|Name of Fee/Charge Levied||Amount in Rupees|
|Fees for Resident Housing Loan/Extension/House Renovation Loan/Refinance of Housing Loan/Plot Loans for Housing (Salaried, Self-Employed Professionals)||Upto 0.50% of the loan amount or Rs. 3000/-, whichever is higher + applicable taxes/statutory levies. Minimum Retention Amount: 50% of applicable fees or Rs. 3000/- + applicable taxes/statutory levies, whichever is higher.|
|Fees for Resident Housing/Extension/Renovation/Refinance/Plot Loans for Self-Employed Non-Professionals.||Upto 1.50% of the Loan amount or Rs. 4500/-, whichever is higher + applicable taxes/statutory levies. Minimum Retention Amount: 50% of applicable fees or Rs. 4500/- + applicable taxes/statutory levies, whichever is higher.|
|Fees for NRI Loans||Upto 1.25% of the Loan amount or Rs. 3000/-, whichever is higher + applicable taxes/statutory levies and charges. Minimum Retention Amount: 50% of applicable fees or Rs. 3000/- + applicable taxes/statutory levies, whichever is higher.|
|Fees for Value Plus Loans||Upto 1.50% of the Loan amount or Rs. 4500/-, whichever is higher + applicable taxes/statutory levies and charges. Minimum Retention Amount: 50% of applicable fees or Rs. 4500/- + applicable taxes/statutory levies, whichever is higher.|
|Fees for Loans under HDFC Bank Reach Scheme||Up to 2.00% of the loan amount + applicable taxes/statutory levies. Minimum Retention Amount: 50% of applicable fees or Rs. 3000/- + applicable taxes/statutory levies, whichever is higher.|
|Re-appraisal of loan after 6 months from date of sanction||Rs. 2000/- + applicable taxes/statutory levies.|
|Name of Fee/Charge Levied||Amount in Rupees|
|Additional Interest||A maximum of 18% P.A. on overdue installment amounts.|
|Incidental Charges||These charges cover the actual costs, expenses, and monies applicable to a case.|
|Stamp Duty/MOD/MOE/Registration||As applicable in the respective states.|
|Fees/Charges levied by entities such as CERSAI||As per actual charges/fees levied by regulatory bodies + applicable taxes/statutory levies.|
|Fees/Charges levied by third parties such as mortgage guarantee companies||As per actual fees/charges levied by any third party(ies) + applicable taxes/statutory levies.|
Review the Terms and Conditions of your HDFC home loan agreement to fully understand these charges and how they may apply to your specific loan.
HDFC home loan application status
HDFC home loan application status refers to the current stage or status of your home loan application with HDFC Bank. It provides information about whether your application is pending, approved, or rejected, as well as any additional steps that may be required for processing. To check your HDFC home loan application status, you can follow these steps:
- Visit HDFC Bank’s official website.
- Find the “Check Application Status” section.
- Enter your application reference number and other required details.
- Submit the information.
- View the current status of your application, which could be “In Progress,” “Approved,” or “Rejected.”
HDFC Bank Home Loan Documents Required
Applying for a home loan is a significant step towards realizing your dream of homeownership. HDFC Bank, one of India’s leading financial institutions, offers a range of home loan products to make this dream a reality.
To facilitate a smooth application process, it’s essential to be well-prepared with the necessary documents. Here, we provide a comprehensive guide on the HDFC Bank home loan documents required to help you streamline your application.
1. Identity Proof:
- Aadhar Card
- Voter ID Card
- PAN Card
- Driving License
2. Address Proof:
- Aadhar Card
- Voter ID Card
- Utility Bills (Electricity, Water, Gas)
- Rent Agreement
3. Income Proof:
- Salary Slips for the last 3 to 6 months (for salaried individuals)
- Income Tax Returns (ITR) for the last 2 to 3 years
- Form 16 or Salary Certificate (for salaried individuals)
- Profit and Loss Statements (for self-employed individuals)
- Business Proof (for self-employed individuals)
4. Property Documents:
- Sale Deed
- Agreement to Sell
- Allotment Letter (if applicable)
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) from builder or society
5. Bank Statements:
- Bank statements for the last 6 to 12 months to establish financial stability
6. Passport-sized Photographs:
- Recent passport-sized photographs for all applicants and co-applicants
7. Down Payment Proof:
- Proof of your contribution towards the down payment, such as bank statements showing the accumulation of funds
8. Employment Proof:
- Appointment Letter
- Employment Certificate (for salaried individuals)
- Business Establishment Proof (for self-employed individuals)
9. Loan Account Statements (if applicable):
- If you have any existing loans, provide the loan account statements
10. Credit Report: – While not mandatory, having a good credit score is advantageous. You can obtain a credit report from credit bureaus like CIBIL, Experian, or Equifax.
HDFC Home Loan Prepayment Charges
Prepaying your HDFC home loan can be a financially prudent decision, but it’s essential to understand the associated charges before making early repayments. Here’s a breakdown of HDFC home loan prepayment charges:
Prepayment Charges: HDFC Bank allows borrowers to make prepayments towards their home loan, either in part or in full, before the loan’s original term ends. However, there may be charges associated with such prepayments, and these charges can vary based on several factors.
Factors Affecting Prepayment Charges:
- Type of Loan: The prepayment charges may differ based on whether you have a fixed-rate or floating-rate home loan.
- Source of Funds: The source of funds used for prepayment can impact charges. For instance, using your savings may have different charges than using funds obtained from another loan.
- Loan Amount: The outstanding loan amount at the time of prepayment can influence the charges. Higher outstanding amounts may result in higher charges.
Understanding the Charges:
Here’s a simplified breakdown of HDFC home loan prepayment charges:
- For fixed-rate loans, prepayment charges are typically not applicable.
- For floating-rate loans, there are usually no charges for individuals making prepayments from their savings. However, if the source of funds is a balance transfer from another lender, there may be nominal fees.
- Prepayment charges are usually not applicable if you use your savings to make partial or full prepayment on a floating-rate loan.
It’s important to note that HDFC Bank’s policies and charges may change, and it’s advisable to check their official website or contact their customer support for the most current information.
Contact HDFC Home Loan Customer Care
If you have specific questions about your HDFC home loan, including prepayment charges, the next step is to reach out to HDFC’s customer care. You can contact them at their dedicated customer care number:
Foreclosing Your HDFC Home Loan
When considering foreclosure, or paying off your HDFC home loan in full before the loan term ends, you’ll want to follow a specific procedure.
While there may not be substantial charges for foreclosure, it’s crucial to check with HDFC Bank for the most accurate details on the process and any associated fees.
Transferring Your HDFC Home Loan
For those looking to transfer their HDFC home loan to another lender for better terms or lower interest rates, the transfer process involves several steps.
You’ll need to gather necessary documentation, initiate the transfer request with the new lender, and work through the process, which may include legal and financial evaluations. The benefits of the transfer, such as reduced interest rates, may outweigh any associated charges.
- HDFC’s prepayment charges can change over time, so it’s crucial to check their official website or contact their customer support for the most up-to-date information.
- Prepayment charges are typically not applicable if you use your own funds, such as savings, to make prepayments.
- Charges may vary based on the source of funds used for prepayment. Using funds obtained from another loan, like a personal loan, may result in additional fees.
- While HDFC often does not impose substantial prepayment charges, it’s essential to verify the current policies and charges for your specific home loan account.
- Prepaying your home loan can lead to substantial interest savings and help you become debt-free sooner. It’s advisable to consider your financial situation and consult with HDFC Bank to make an informed decision regarding prepayments.
How to Apply HDFC Home Loan?
- Go to HDFC Bank’s official website.
- Navigate to the “Home Loans” section on the website.
- Use HDFC’s online eligibility calculator to check if you qualify for a home loan and estimate your loan amount.
- Choose the type of home loan that suits your needs (e.g., for buying a home, renovating, or transferring an existing loan).
- Fill out the online application form with your personal and financial details. Attach the required documents.
- HDFC Bank will review your application, verify your documents, and assess your eligibility.
- HDFC may conduct a valuation of the property you intend to purchase.
- If your application is approved, you’ll receive a sanction letter with the loan details.
- HDFC will verify the legal aspects of the property.
- Once all checks are complete, HDFC will disburse the loan amount to the seller or builder, and you can take possession of your new home.
- Start repaying the loan through Equated Monthly Installments (EMIs).
HDFC Home Loan FAQs
What are the current HDFC Bank home loan interest rates?
HDFC Bank offers competitive home loan interest rates that can vary based on the type of loan, loan amount, and other factors. To find the most up-to-date interest rates, visit HDFC Bank’s official website or contact their customer support.
How can I check my HDFC home loan eligibility?
You can easily check your HDFC home loan eligibility by using HDFC Bank’s online eligibility calculator on their website. This tool will provide you with an estimate of the loan amount you may be eligible for based on your income, age, and other factors.
What is the EMI for a ₹30 lakh HDFC home loan?
The Equated Monthly Installment (EMI) for a ₹30 lakh HDFC home loan depends on various factors, including the loan tenure and the prevailing interest rate. You can use HDFC Bank’s online EMI calculator to determine the exact EMI amount based on your specific loan details.
What documents are required to apply for an HDFC Bank home loan?
The required documents can vary depending on your employment status and the type of home loan. However, common documents include proof of identity, address, income, property papers, and bank statements. To get a comprehensive list, visit HDFC Bank’s official website.
How long does it take for HDFC to process a home loan application?
HDFC Bank aims to process home loan applications as efficiently as possible. The processing time can vary depending on several factors, including the completeness of your application, verification processes, and internal procedures. It’s advisable to check with HDFC Bank for specific timelines.
What are the charges for prepaying an HDFC home loan?
HDFC typically does not impose prepayment charges for fixed-rate home loans or for prepayments made using your own funds. However, nominal charges may apply for prepayments made through a balance transfer from another lender. The exact charges can vary, so it’s essential to check with HDFC Bank for the latest information.
How can I track the status of my HDFC home loan application?
You can track the status of your HDFC home loan application online by visiting the HDFC Bank website. They provide a dedicated portal where you can enter your application reference number and other details to check the status.
What is the procedure for foreclosure of an HDFC home loan?
The procedure for foreclosing or closing your HDFC home loan before the original loan term ends typically involves submitting a formal request to the bank. You’ll need to contact HDFC Bank for specific instructions, documentation requirements, and any applicable charges.
Can I transfer my existing home loan to HDFC Bank?
Yes, you can transfer your existing home loan from another lender to HDFC Bank through a balance transfer. This process can help you secure better terms and lower interest rates. Contact HDFC Bank for details on the home loan transfer process.
Source of Content
Myworldstuffs writers create content for informational purpose, visit HDFC Bank Home Loan for More Details Here.
Hello, I’m Ratiranjan Singha, the creator of myworldstuffs.com. I love sharing helpful information and tips to make your life better. On website, we explore a variety of interesting subjects to help you learn and grow.