What is WordPress?
WordPress is software from the family of content management systems or even CMS ( Content Management System ). The WordPress CMS allows both to save development time in the creation of your website and to easily add pages, WordPress therefore allows the creation of dynamic sites .
The distinction between WordPress.ORG (which is the one that interests us in this article, a CMS to install on your host) and WordPress.COM (which is a blogging platform like blogger or over blog , but based on WordPress ).
WordPress is therefore a CMS. Free and open source , it is distributed by the automatic company under the GNU GPL v2 license . This license ensures copyright but also user rights which aim to preserve the freedom to use, study, modify and distribute the software and its derivative versions.
When it was launched in 2003, it was mainly presented as a blog management tool but it quickly evolved thanks to a large community and a permissive license to become a complete site creation tool.
Today WordPres is the dominant CMS , used by a quarter of the sites on the web. This popularity can be explained by many criteria. The first of them is undoubtedly its ease of use which makes it a tool accessible to all, without necessarily having to master web programming languages. It has many themes and plugins which offers great possibilities, two points discussed later in this article.
Here are Some Advantages of WordPress:
- Easy to use
- Quick to set up
- GNU GPL V.2 free license
- A large, active and responsive community
- Many plugins
- Many themes
- Self-help and support forums
- Evolution and regular updates
- Security flaws corrected quickly
- Allows good optimization for natural referencing and good indexing by search engines (in particular thanks to the WordPress Yoast SEO plugin accompanied by some knowledge in SEO)
- Responsive administration panel that allows you to manage your site from any device (mobile, tablet, pc)
- Adapted to web standards
What is a CMS?
The letters CMS are the initials of Content Manager System or in French a content management system. CMS are tools that allow you to upload and administer dynamic sites. They can for example:
- Create and edit pages
- Manage media (images, PDF, music, image …)
- Manage a blog and comments
- Manage user and administrator accounts
- And many other things…
A CMS is presented as a set of scripts and files to be placed on a web server. In most cases, it is necessary to link it to a database, but there are some that manage their data in files like plugXml .
CMS offer a system of themes (or templates) which makes it possible to manage the appearance and design of a site as well as a system of plugins which makes it possible to extend its functionalities. They also make it possible to administer and manage the content of a site by several people.
Today, the main generalist CMS are WordPress , Drupal and Joomla . We also often find Prestashop which specializes in e-commerce and online sales.
Difference Between WordPress.org and WordPress.com
The + of WordPress.org:
- Free and easy to use software.
- You have full control of your website and your data.
- You can add many plug-ins and freely customize your website.
- You can monetize your website.
- You can create an e-commerce site.
The – of WordPress.org:
- Slightly more complicated to set up.
- You have to pay for your accommodation.
- You need to think about updating WordPrss regularly.
The + of WordPress.com:
- Very easy to set up, you can get started immediately.
- WordPrss takes care of all updates automatically.
The – of WordPress.com:
- You cannot place your own advertisements on your site.
- You cannot install your own plugins.
- You cannot install custom themes.
- You have to pay to be able to use your own domain instead of a domain in username.wordpress.com.
- You can’t create an e-commerce site unless you pay.
You will understand : we strongly recommend that you opt for WordPress.org!
And it is moreover this system that the following article teaches you to install.
How to Use WordPress?
WordPress is a blogging tool that even beginners can easily get started with, with minimal settings .
WordPress, which is recommended because it is a beginner, has the advantage that you can easily create a blog that is strong against SEO and has a good design.
If you are a beginner, you may find WordPress difficult, but if you set it according to how to start and use this article, you can easily get started.
When you hear WordPres, many people find it difficult. However, WordPres is a useful tool designed to be easy to use even for beginners .
Using WordPres has the following advantages.
- Easy to operate
- If you use the theme, you can create a blog with high design
- You can select and add useful functions by using plugins.
- Easy SEO measures
The operability of WordPres is simple and easy for beginners to get used to . Therefore, anyone can easily create and manage a blog.
Especially for beginners, the difficulty and effort of setting is a big difficulty. Creating your own site from scratch requires expertise in coding and programming. It would take too much time to create a blog after studying this.
With WordPress, you can easily create a professional blog without any prior knowledge.
How to Install WordPress?
To install WordPress and publish your blog, you can either upload it manually to the server using FTP software or install WordPress automatically using the rental server (hosting) function like (Hostinger).
What is FTP Software?
FTP software is the software needed to upload files to the server.
In conclusion, uploading to a server using FTP software is not recommended for beginners at all.
To explain the general flow.
- Prepare a server
- Creating a database (MySQL)
- Create a directory for WordPress on the server using FTP software
- Download WordPres from the official WordPress site
- Unzip the downloaded WordPres file
- Upload the downloaded WordPres to the WordPress directory using FTP software
- Access the uploaded URL from a browser
- Enter database name / user name / password / database host name
- Run WordPress installation
- WordPres installation completed
It becomes the flow.
To be honest, I shouldn’t get the image at all.
The above method is a method that can be supported even on a server that does not have the WordPress installation function. However, basically, most rental servers have a function to install WordPress, so there is almost no need to install with the above pattern.
Therefore, in this article, I will introduce the installation procedure of WordPres using the function of a general rental server.
Install WordPress (Hostinger)
We recommend beginners to buy hostinger and it is easy to install wordpres on hostinger.We can define a host as a company specializing in hosting websites on its servers.you can check the plans on hostinger.com or hostinger.in.Click below To know more about hosting….
Recommended To Read: Web Hosting Beginner Guide: Best Hosting and Types
WordPress installation process on Hostinger
After buy hostinger
- Login to the hostinger
- Click on Hosting
- Now Click “Mange” Button
- Scoll Down
5.Now you have to click on “Auto Installer“
Now you simply install WordPress by clicking here. if you have any doubt then Comment here , Hope you like it 🙂
|Myworldstuffs Home||Click Here|
Hi, Hope you guys enjoying our content and latest news update. My name is Ratiranjan singha, founder of myworldstuffs.com. Subscribe to get latest updates.