Axis Bank, like many other banks, offers a specialized credit card known as the “Axis credit card for students.” This credit card is designed specifically for students, typically those pursuing higher education such as college or university.
The Axis Student Credit Card is intended to meet the financial needs of students and help them build their credit history responsibly. Axis Bank did offer credit cards specifically designed for students.
These student credit cards are usually tailored to meet the financial needs of students and often come with lower income requirements and credit limits suitable for students who may not have a substantial income or credit history.
To find the most up-to-date information on Axis Credit Card for Students offerings, I recommend visiting the official Axis Bank website or contacting the bank directly.
|– Primary Cardholder: Between 18 and 70 years old
|– PAN Card Photocopy or Form 60
|– Add-on Cardholder: Over 18 years old
|– Proof of Income (Latest Payslip, Form 16, or IT Return Copy)
|– Residence Proof (Accepted documents: Passport, Driving License, Ration Card, Electricity Bill, Landline Telephone Bill)
|– Minimum Annual Net Income: ₹6,00,000 or more
|– Eligibility for Residents and Non-Resident Indians
You can also visit a local Axis Bank branch or reach out to their customer service for assistance in finding the Best credit cards that suits your needs.
Managing expenses is a crucial task for today’s young adults, whether they’re purchasing clothing, gadgets, or covering regular costs like travel, food, and accommodation.
Whether you’re a student embarking on your college journey or living independently for higher studies, obtaining a student credit card can prove advantageous and serve as a cornerstone for learning responsible financial management.
Axis credit card for students
Axis Bank offers a diverse range of credit cards designed to cater to the diverse financial needs and lifestyles of its customers.
Whether you’re a frequent traveler, a shopping enthusiast, or a student starting your financial journey, Axis Bank has a credit card to suit your needs.
Student credit cards are available in three distinct forms. Some banks issue them to students who have taken out education loans with them.
The credit limit on student cards may be modest, they come with a host of exclusive benefits. Students can enjoy cashback offers, discounts, and rewards on various categories, making their purchases more rewarding.
Others offer them as supplementary cards, often linked to a family member’s primary credit card. The third variant is a credit card secured by a Fixed Deposit.
Axis Credit Cards Benefits
Axis Bank’s credit cards come with a plethora of features and benefits, making them a valuable addition to your wallet. Here are some highlights of Axis credit cards:
- Variety of Card Types: Axis Bank offers a wide range of credit cards, each catering to specific needs. Whether you’re looking for travel rewards, cashback, dining privileges, or more, Axis Bank has a card for you.
- Reward Programs: Axis Bank credit cards typically come with reward points that you can earn on your purchases. These points can be redeemed for various offers, including discounts, vouchers, and merchandise.
- Contactless Payments: Many Axis Bank credit cards are equipped with contactless technology, making your transactions faster and more secure. Simply tap your card at a compatible terminal to make payments.
- Insurance Benefits: Some Axis credit cards offer insurance coverage, such as travel insurance or purchase protection, providing you with added peace of mind.
Several Axis credit cards offer cashback or discounts on fuel purchases, helping you save money on your everyday expenses.
Axis credit card for students requirements
- Identity Proof:
- Aadhar card
- Voter ID card
- Driver’s License
- PAN Card
- Address Proof:
- Aadhar card
- Utility bills (electricity, water, gas) in the applicant’s name
- Bank account statement
- Rent agreement (if applicable)
- Age Proof:
- Birth certificate
- 10th-grade mark sheet or certificate
- Student Status Proof:
- Admission letter from the educational institution
- College or university ID card
- Bonafide certificate from the educational institution
- Fee receipt or fee structure from the educational institution
- Income Proof (if applicable):
- While students typically do not have independent income, some banks may require income proof if it’s applicable, such as a part-time job income certificate or a parent’s income proof in case they are co-applicants or guarantors.
- Recent passport-sized photographs of the applicant
- Application Form:
- The completed credit card application form provided by Axis Bank
- KYC Documents:
- Know Your Customer (KYC) documents may be required, which typically include identity and address proof documents as mentioned above.
The documentation process for obtaining a student credit card is typically simpler compared to regular credit cards. As students may not have independent income sources, they are not required to provide income proof.
These cards are typically issued based on education loan approval, the credit history of the primary cardholder (in the case of add-on cards), or the value of the Fixed Deposit held with the bank.
Generally, only Know Your Customer (KYC) documents and age-proof documents confirming that the student is above 18 years of age are needed.
Axis credit card for students apply online Process
- Visit the Axis Bank website (www.axisbank.com).
- Explore the “Credit Cards” section on the website.
- Compare the different credit card options offered by Axis Bank.
- Select the specific credit card that suits your needs.
- Click on “Apply Now” or “Apply Online” on the chosen card’s page.
- Fill out the online application form with accurate personal, contact, employment, and income details.
- Upload required documents such as identity proof, address proof, income proof, and photographs.
- Review the application for accuracy and submit it.
- Axis Bank representatives will verify your application and may contact you for additional information if necessary.
- Once approved, you’ll receive a notification from Axis Bank.
- Your credit card will be delivered to your registered mailing address.
- Follow the provided instructions to activate your credit card, typically by generating a PIN and using an ATM or online banking.
Axis credit card for students apply online Offline
- Visit a nearby Axis Bank branch.
- Speak with a bank representative who handles credit card applications.
- Request an Axis Bank credit card application form.
- Fill out the physical application form with accurate information.
- Attach photocopies of required documents, including identity proof, address proof, income proof, and photographs.
- Submit the completed application form and documents to the bank representative.
- Wait for the bank to verify your application and documents.
- After approval, receive an approval notification from Axis Bank.
- Your credit card will be dispatched to your registered mailing address.
- Follow the provided instructions to activate your credit card, usually by generating a PIN at an ATM or through online banking.
Axis credit card for students benefits
Most student credit cards come with modest credit limits, often around Rs. 15,000, and remain valid for five years.
For add-on cards, the credit limit is usually linked to that of the primary card, while Fixed Deposit-backed cards are associated with the FD amount.
Features and Advantages of a Student Credit Card
A student credit card offers numerous benefits. Cardholders can access cashback offers, discounts, and deals provided by the bank.
Some banks even offer cashback on fuel purchases, which can be beneficial if you plan to use a two-wheeler for commuting to college.
Additionally, you can accumulate reward points that are redeemable for enticing offers, depending on the bank’s partnerships.
These rewards can include discounts at restaurants, apparel stores, cosmetics, fashion jewelry shops, and movie theaters.
Having a credit card enables you to shop both online and offline without the need to carry large amounts of cash, which is particularly useful in an unfamiliar city.
Furthermore, you can withdraw cash from a widespread network of ATMs, although it is advisable to reserve such withdrawals for emergencies due to potentially high interest rates.
Axis Bank offers a diverse range of credit cards with tailored benefits to suit their customers’ preferences.
Cardholders also earn Edge Reward points based on their spending patterns, which can be redeemed for a variety of enticing deals and offers.
Was this helpful?
Hey, I’m Ratiranjan Singha, the Creator of Myworldstuffs.com. I Offer in-Depth Articles and Guides that Help you to Understand Various Financial Concepts.