HDFC Bank offers a diverse range of credit cards designed to cater to the various financial needs and lifestyles of its customers. These credit cards provide attractive rewards, discounts, and privileges across different categories, from travel and dining to shopping and entertainment.
HDFC credit cards are known for their competitive interest rates and flexibility in repayment options, making them a popular choice among Indian consumers.
The bank frequently introduces new credit card offerings and enhances existing ones to adapt to evolving customer preferences and the dynamic financial landscape. This commitment to innovation and customer satisfaction has contributed to HDFC Bank’s prominence in the Indian credit card market.
HDFC Credit Card Active Users
HDFC Bank Credit Cards offer a diverse array of appealing features, including welcome benefits upon signing up and reaching specific annual spending thresholds, the SmartEMI option to convert purchases into manageable EMIs,
The convenience of contactless payments for swift and secure transactions, cost-effective foreign currency markup for international spending on select cards, complimentary insurance coverage, a revolving credit facility with nominal interest rates, complimentary airport lounge access, and a Zero Lost Card Liability policy that ensures prompt reporting of lost or stolen cards leads to liability waivers on fraudulent transactions, providing peace of mind and added security for cardholders.
- Research the different credit cards offered by HDFC Bank to match your specific needs.
- Carefully assess the terms and conditions, including credit limits, interest rates, cash withdrawals, fees, discounts, and offers.
- Repay your dues in full to build a good credit history and avoid paying interest.
- Take advantage of credit limit enhancements when offered.
- Keep track of billing and payment dates to avoid late payment charges.
- Monitor your expenses to prevent fraudulent transactions.
Avoid over-utilizing your entire credit limit to maintain a healthy credit score. Don’t apply for too many credit cards, as it can negatively affect your creditworthiness.
Paying only the minimum amount due is discouraged, as it results in interest charges and increased credit card debt.
|HDFC Credit Cards
|HDFC Regalia Credit Card
|Travel benefits, rewards, airport lounge access, and travel insurance.
|HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card
|Premium card with high reward points, complimentary golf games, lounge access, and concierge services.
|HDFC MoneyBack Credit Card
|Cashback rewards on everyday spending.
|HDFC Infinia Credit Card
|Exclusive card with top-tier rewards, concierge services, and lifestyle privileges.
|HDFC Millennia Credit Card
|Geared towards millennials, offering cashback on online shopping, groceries, and more.
|HDFC Platinum Times Credit Card
|Rewards on dining, entertainment, and shopping.
|HDFC Business Regalia Credit Card
|Designed for business owners, providing travel and business benefits.
|HDFC Solitaire Credit Card
|Tailored for women, with shopping rewards and dining benefits.
HDFC Bank credit cards offer a rewards points system, allowing you to accumulate points for every offline and online transaction. You can redeem these points for a variety of rewards, including gift vouchers, airline miles, or statement balance adjustments.
Some cards offer higher reward points, and it’s important to use them before they expire.
HDFC Bank generates monthly credit card statements that detail all your transactions during a credit cycle. Be aware that the statement is generated on a fixed date, not necessarily the first day of the month, and it’s sent to your registered email address.
You can use your credit card to withdraw cash at ATMs, but this comes with credit card interest and applicable fees. The cash withdrawal limit depends on your card type and is distinct from your credit limit.
HDFC Bank generates a new bill every month based on your credit cycle, providing you with approximately 50 days for an interest-free period. It’s crucial to pay at least the minimum amount due to avoid additional charges, and setting up automatic payments from your savings account can be convenient.
- Rewards and Benefits: HDFC offers a variety of credit cards with attractive rewards, discounts, and cashback options, catering to diverse needs.
- Extensive Network: HDFC Bank has a vast network of ATMs and branches, providing accessibility and convenience.
- Contactless Payment: Many HDFC cards support contactless payments, making transactions quick and secure.
- Annual Fees: Most HDFC credit cards come with annual fees, which can add to your expenses.
- Interest Rates: The interest rates on outstanding balances can be high, so timely payments are crucial.
- Eligibility Requirements: Meeting the eligibility criteria for some premium cards can be challenging.
HDFC Bank levies various fees, such as an annual maintenance charge, cash advance fees, foreign currency markup fees, late payment charges, interest on outstanding dues, fees for exceeding the credit limit, and GST charges.
|Joining/ Annual Fee
|Varies for all HDFC Credit Cards
|Up to 3.6% p.m.
|Late Payment Fee
|For Outstanding Balance
|Less than Rs. 100
|Rs. 100 to Rs. 500
|Rs. 501 to Rs. 5,000
|Rs. 5,000 to Rs. 10,000
|Rs. 10,001 to Rs. 25,000
|Rs. 25,001 to Rs. 50,000
|More than Rs. 50,000
- Age: Minimum 18 years old.
- Nationality: Must be an Indian national.
- Residential Status: Open to both Resident and Non-Resident Indians.
- Employment Status: Eligible for salaried professionals and self-employed individuals.
- Annual Income: Credit card eligibility is determined based on your annual income.
- Credit Limit: HDFC Bank periodically adjusts your credit limit based on spending, card usage, and income changes. They may also offer credit card upgrades based on your usage patterns.
- Check Eligibility: Ensure you meet HDFC’s credit card eligibility criteria.
- Choose a Card: Select the most suitable credit card for your needs.
- Collect Documents: Gather required identity, address, and income documents.
- Apply Online: Fill out the online application form on HDFC website.
- Visit a Branch: Alternatively, get an application form from a local HDFC branch.
- Verification: HDFC reviews your application and documents for eligibility.
- Credit Assessment: Your creditworthiness is assessed based on income and credit history.
- Approval: If approved, you’ll receive an offer from HDFC.
- Acceptance: Review terms, credit limit, and fees, then accept the offer.
- Card Issuance: HDFC processes your application and issues the credit card.
- Pin and Activation: Receive the card and PIN, then follow activation instructions.
|Swiggy HDFC Credit Card
|Dining & Food Delivery
|HDFC Regalia Gold Credit Card
|Travel & Rewards
|HDFC Freedom Credit Card
|HDFC Bank Diners ClubMiles Credit Card
|InterMiles HDFC Bank Platinum Credit Card
|Tata Neu Infinity HDFC Bank Credit Cards
|IRCTC HDFC Bank Credit Card
HDFC Bank, officially known as Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited, was established in 1994 as a result of India’s economic liberalization. Founded by the Housing Development Finance Corporation, HDFC Bank has grown to become one of India’s leading private sector banks.
With its headquarters in Mumbai, the bank has significantly contributed to the modernization of the country’s banking sector. HDFC Bank is known for its robust financial services, efficient customer service, and a wide network of branches and ATM across India.
Over the years, it has received numerous awards and recognition for its performance and innovation in the banking industry, solidifying its position as a trusted financial institution in India.
Which is the best credit card of HDFC?
The best HDFC credit card for you depends on your specific needs and spending habits. HDFC offers a range of credit cards designed for various purposes, including travel, dining, shopping, and more. To determine the best one, consider your lifestyle and financial preferences.
What is the credit score limit for HDFC credit card?
HDFC Bank typically looks for a good credit score when approving credit card applications. While the exact credit score requirement may vary depending on the specific card and your financial profile, a score above 750 is generally considered favorable for approval.
Can I get an HDFC credit card without a credit score?
Having a credit score is usually a key factor in HDFC credit card approval. If you have no credit history or a low credit score, your application may face challenges. In such cases, consider secured credit cards or credit-building options to establish a credit history and improve your chances of obtaining an HDFC credit card.
What is the maximum credit limit for HDFC credit cards?
The maximum credit limit on an HDFC credit card varies based on factors like your income, credit history, and the specific card you apply for. Premium cards may offer higher credit limits, while basic cards may have more conservative limits. HDFC evaluates each application individually to determine the credit limit.
List of Best Credit Cards Available: How to Choose the Right One?
Discover the top credit cards tailored to your financial needs! Our expert guide will help you navigate the world of credit cards and choose the perfect one for your wallet.
The information provided in this article on credit cards is intended for informational purposes only. We strive to deliver accurate and up-to-date content, but please note that credit card terms, offers, and regulations may change over time.
Was this helpful?
Hey, I’m Ratiranjan Singha, the Creator of Myworldstuffs.com. I Offer in-Depth Articles and Guides that Help you to Understand Various Financial Concepts.